Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Custom Entry Mats

Some time ago, on the Lazy Daze Yahoo board, there was some discussion about replacing the entry step, well mat.  (BTW, Lazy Daze factory has exact replacements as well as running board non-skid panels for the E-450)
 
 
 
 
There was some discussion about a place that made custom replacements using recycled tires.  Some among us, bought them.  I finally saw one in Andrea's rig at Balloon Fiesta and thought that I might like one.  Turns out that the place that makes and sells them is on the way for others of our group driving down from Colorado to Abiquiu, so we called ahead and had some made up.  You can order these to your size and have colored beads as spacers in your color choices.  Allow about 1/2" smaller than actual measurement so they don't "bunch up". 
 

 
 
 
 
I did my best to scan the brochure that they have as they do not have a website.  I am hoping that Elizabeth doesn't see this or Magic the Wonder Horse will have one of the giant ones for her trailer.
 
 




 

3 comments:

  1. I have had quite a few responses to this post. Expect to see more of these in your travels. Currently at Sandia awaiting Monday for BF. 6 LD & 1 Airstream in our little group here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it fits your trailer. I am also thinking of buying a new one for our home. I am currently canvassing on different types of mat. - MatFactoryInc.com

    ReplyDelete