Monday, December 16, 2013

Frozen In Fernley, NV

Just a short note to say that it is COLD in Fernley NV.  Temp dipped to +4 one morning.  Finally getting things sorted out.  Gray water drain was frozen at the shower drain so no sink, wash basin or shower.  Finally got it thawed out with the help of a 100W trouble light hung under rig where drain pipe that runs from the system to the tank emerges from inside.  I now keep trouble light on 24-7 and a cup of RV antifreeze in the shower drain.  Black water is frozen solid but only 50% as of this morning so it can wait until I get to warmer temps.  Looking at tank heaters and more on that later.  City water inlet is either frozen or broke so I have been using internal water system and it works fine.  In the Mid Bath, the water tank, pump and a lot of the piping is in the same cabinet with the stove so I leave oven on 170F while I am home.  Electric heater and Wave 3 keep me comfortable inside and furnace rarely comes on as a back up.  I had to move Boots's water, food and litter box from the cab area as it was freezing his water dish.  I keep it closed off with a drape as it is COLD up there.  Dropped my  camera  so now it doesn't work, so I am awaiting a new one.  Amazon is releasing my group on Dec. 20 so, unless it snows, I will be on the road West on the 21st.  Going over Donner Pass so I hope road stays clear.  There are 5 of us LD'rs here in Desert Rose RV Park.  We are the LD Polar Bear Club.  Should be a lot to discuss at Quartzsite about cold weather camping come January.

BTW if you like my blog, please spread the word!
 
 Rogersramblings41.blogspot.com


You can email me: Roger@rogernickey.com




No comments:

Post a Comment