Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Cookware

My First Effort  at a Page With Pictures



I thought I would start off with my favorite utensels.  First, I use these disposable Aluminum pans for a lot of different dishes and cooking methods.  They are great for baking, barbecuing and serving.  Best part is when you are finished, just throw them away, no washing, no wasted water.  You can also cover them with foil and store leftovers in the fridge.  The larger ones replace a 9 x 13 baking pan and the smaller one is 8 x 8. 

Small one is great for single batch of Brownies, Cornbread and small casseroles.  I also use the larger ones on the barbecue for things that won't stay together such as fish, meat loaf and the like.

The smaller ones I get at WalMart.  There are two differint depths.  Be sure and get the deeper ones.  They are about .50 to .75 cents each.  The larger ones are Costco 1/2 steam pans in the mega pack for about .20 cents each.

Nesting Cookware set


This is a nesting set of cookware that I got from Camping World 2 or 3 years ago.  It is discontinued now.  The skillet is teflon coated and not a very good job as it is pretty worn out.  I have been all over the internet and called the factory with no results.  Fagor (nome stamped on bottom of pans) says they have no repacemants and no ideas.  I just use it now for skillet type meals and no frying.  The saucepans are great.  They each have a vented lid for cooking and a snap-on plastic lid for fridge storage.  There are also two snap on handles.  The whole set fits in a very small package and stores under my sink.


This is skillet with handle attached.



These are the cooking lids and the storage lids.
These are all 4 saucepans and the two handles
Here is the whole set nested together.  The cooking lids store separately. The storage lids are inside each pan to keep them from scratching while driving. 

I think I paid about $80 for the set2 or 3 years ago.  If you go to Amazon and search "RV Nesting Cookware" a similar set is listed for about $150.

I have a whole lot more and some recipes but this is enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment