Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Balloon Fiesta, Amazon and Internet Connection

I didn't get much time to post as I was VERY busy with Balloon Fiesta and prep for the Amazon Camperforce experience.  I had several requests for my smoked meatloaf the first night at the Balloon Fiesta park.  Here in Albuquerque, Costco has the ground turkey in 1 1/2 pound packages instead of the 1 pound trays.  This ended up as a 3 1/2 pound monster!  Biggest ever.  It was gone before I could get seconds.  I also made a tray of roasted potatoes, carrots and onions.  It went just as fast. (no leftovers for eggs in the morning)







3 1/2 Pounds!  Biggest Ever.




Below is a picture of the balloons over our camping area.  For some reason I can't move down to enter text.  Just one of many problems with posting from the Frontier Town of Fernley Nev.  WIFI here at the RV park is not just slow, it is glacial!  Too many people on at the same time I am told.  I have tried different times of the day, (and night) but it is pretty bad.  I decided to use my Verizon MIFI and it works better, but I managed to foul it up also.  I changed my hard drive backup site and needed to do a complete backup.  Big mistake.  Before I had 1/2 backed up, I was close to the end of my October allowance.  I only have 2 GB left for the month.  Repeated tries on the park WIFI would not even load 1 GB in an hour and then kept dropping off and starting over. 
 
Started Amazon last Saturday.  Quite an experience.  This place is not just huge, it is just beyond description.  I am a "Stower".  Merchandise comes in, I stow it on shelves.  10 hours a day.
 
 
Due to my connection dilemma, post will be limited until Nov.8 when Verizon rolls over.  Suffice to say, there will be plenty of casseroles and "take your lunch" items for a while.  More later when I can post.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Meatloaf looks delish. Did I miss the recipe?

    I'm looking forward to hearing all about Amazon.com work. I'm told it's pretty grueling, but if you complete it, you get a bonus at the end, and then you're done with a little money in the bank. And also, working 10 hours a day doesn't give you much time to go out and spend it, so you'll save even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Internet here is terrible. Meatloaf Recipe is in "Favorite Traeger Recipes" and also "All of the recipes in one place" The secret is 4 hours of smoke. If you can't find it, email me at Roger@rogernickey.com.

    ReplyDelete