Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Further Ramblings From Fernley, NV


Today, (Wednesday) is a much appreciated day off.  My normal shift has Wed, Sat. & Sun. off.  Mon, Tues, Thurs, & Fri. are 10 hour work days.  I worked last Sunday on overtime, so I had three days in a row.  Today is a good day for catching up on laundry, shopping, changing cat litter box, relaxing, etc.  Some snow on the mountains around us but none here yet.  I am waiting for the much anticipated temp drops to the 20’s which may happen this week. 

Haven’t had time for recipe experimentation.  I have been sticking to standards.  Meat Loaf, Peanut Chicken, Rice, Vegetable Medley.  I did make one batch of Melinda’s Corn Casserole.  I am making a Pumpkin Cobbler right now.  I am also going to smoke a pork loin this afternoon for dinner and pork sandwiches for work.  A lot of the cooking I do right now, makes great leftovers for “take your lunch” days. 

I am walking about 8 miles per day at work so as yet, weight is staying under control with increased food consumption. 

 Almost all of us here at Desert Rose RV Park, work at Amazon so it is like a Company town.  I have compared this lifestyle to the early day Fruit Tramps that I saw while living among the peach orchards of the Central California Valley.  Our living conditions are a LOT better, however.  Most of the people I have met here are Workcampers.  Some have worked at other Amazon centers, National Parks, Tour Bus drivers, WalMart, Post Office, etc. all as casual labor.  You see lots of country and make a few dollars in the process. 
 
 
 
BTW, if you like my blog, please spread the word!

Rogersramblings41.blogspot.com

                    You can email me: Roger@rogernickey.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment