Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Still At Amazon. Heated Water Supply Hose

Sorry I haven't posted recipes or results for a while.  This is my second week here at Fernley, NV.  Working a regular job for a couple of months is a real culture shock.  Amazon is a totally different  working experience than any other job I have had.  It is an enormous facility on three levels.  Lots of conveyor belts, forklifts, people moving very fast and vast amounts of merchandise.  Extremely efficient operation.  I have been fascinated by the facility and process.  A great life experience.  I have a great space here at Desert Rose RV park.  Great neighbors and work mates.  Weather has been warm days and cool nights.  No sign of extreme cold temps, yet.  I installed thermostatically controlled electric heat tape on my water supply hose as a precaution against freezing.  Here is a heated hose that a lot of people have here.  Heated Supply Hose

Traeger Barbecue is set up and in use.

So far, I have made the Chili, Carrot Cake, a COUPLE of Smoked Turkey Meat Loaves, and Roasted Vegetable Medley.  Tonight (day off) will be grilled, marinated chicken breast, roasted vegetable medley, and Melinda's Corn Casserole.  Should be plenty of leftovers for work lunches.  I am thinking over a couple of pasta casseroles for the future. 

Bootsthekitty has adapted fairly well.  He seems to get lonesome during work days when I am gone, as he will not stay out of my lap when I get home. 

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps Boots is needing a feline companion - like another male kitty. (they are more mellow together than having both sexes). Give the ol boy a scratch under the chin for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going well with the new job. Poor kitty, I was wondering how people's pets do when they all of a sudden have a 10 hour day, I guess you're probably gone 11 hours total. I'm sure the little kitties and dogs will get used to it. They probably sleep most of the day while you are all at work.

    ReplyDelete