Thursday, April 4, 2013

Burner Pan Replacement and Great Lemon Pappardell With Prawns or Mixed Seafood

Easy Stovetop Burner Pan Liner

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I make an easy, disposable stovetop burner pan liner.  I have found that it is much easier to fashion a throw-away liner, rather than go through the cleaning process and the chipping off of burned on spilled food, of the permanent burner pan.  Besides using a lot of water, and/or oven cleaner, it is just plain messy and labor intensive.  These oven liners are available at Wal-Mart in a two-pack and are exactly the right width, (17 3/4") to fit the stove top of the Wedgewood Vision that is OE with my '02 Lazy Daze.  You just have to trim off a couple of inches of the depth to make it a custom fit. 

I have to mention here that I got the original idea for this from Kate Klein and Cholula Red.





Here is one disposable pan and the stove top burner pan






Trimmed to fit





I put the baking pan upside-down, underneath the aluminum pan to support it against the burner holes to make accurate markings for the burner holes.  This way you don't hack it up as I did on my previous try.



Ready to mark





Marked



Cutting




Fit








Finished







Lemon Pepper Pappardelle With Prawns, (or Seafood Blend)


When I was at the Morro Bay Lazy Daze Campout, I saw this dish on the table at the pot-luck.  I just cannot resist a good pasta dish, especially if it has SHRIMP in it.  It had a great lemon flavor.  I asked the person that prepared it what the secret recipe was.  She said "go to Trader Joe's, find the Lemon Pasta and follow the recipe on the bag". 





"A blend of Shrimp, Calamari Rings and bay Scallops"


 Since it is no secret, I am copying it here:


8 oz bag of  Trader Joe's Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta

3 Tbs Olive Oil

1 lb. Trader Joe's Uncooked Prawns, peeled and devined.  (I could not resist the Seafood Blend, so I used it instead.)

2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice

Salt and pepper to taste

1 Tbs. Italian Parsley, Chopped.



Cook Pasta in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saute' pan over medium-high heat.  Season prawns, (or seafood blend) with salt and pepper and saute until shrimp are just pink.  Drain pasta, toss with the prawns and lemon juice.  Sprinkle with parsley.  The seafood blend had quite a lot of liquid that I poured off, rather than end up boiling the mix.  Once the liquid was drained, I added the olive oil and stir fried until done.  I don't think that the shrimp would have that much liquid

Here is how it looks finished:



 






No comments:

Post a Comment