Monday, April 29, 2013

Fun with Bacon + Great Additional Storage

Jimbo's Hot Dog And Bacon Appetizer


This tasty and easy to prepare appetizer was first prepared by Jim Melvin of Jimbo's Journeys.  What's not to like, hot dogs wrapped in bacon.  This adaptation is kind of a cultural oxymoron.  Kosher hot dogs wrapped in thick sliced bacon.  I prefer these Hebrew National dogs as they are all beef and great tasting as well as not being too thick.  It;s difficult to wrap a thick, Ball Park type hot dog in 1/3 or 1/2 slice of bacon as they just end up too big.  These are just the right size to cut the dog in thirds as well as the bacon slice.





Only Two Ingredients +Toothpicks 


I made these up about 5 hours before serving time and stored in the fridge until ready to put in the oven, or the Traeger Barbecue.  (BTW, I am going to do a "Traeger Revisited" post in the near future).  If you don't know about the Traeger, scroll down to an earlier post here to see what it's all about,



Prepared for Oven or Refrigerate for Baking Later


Here they are after about 30-35 minutes at 425F.  Bacon should start to crisp.  Use a rack in the pan if you have one.


Finished!


When I first saw these, Jim Melvin had sprinkled them with brown sugar before baking.  You also might try drizzling with maple syrup.





 

More Storage


I am always looking for additional storage space in my Lazy Dave 27' Mid Bath.  I had seen this done in other rigs so I decided to try it.  I had been using the under the dinette area to store stuff but it takes up too much foot space.  I have also seen a printer on a shelf like this, under the table.



The simple shelf simply fits on top of the dinette benches under the cushions.
This allows you to stack your items and now the same amount of goods takes up 1/2 the floor space.




These ready made and finished shelves are from Home Depot and are less than $6.


Ready Made and Finished Shelf From Home Depot



  I am experimenting with the baskets.  These are just some I had on hand.   They are screwed to the shelf so they don't slide around when driving.  Now unless we are talking about LARGE people you can get 4 in the dinette and have enough foot space. 



Basket Screwed To Shelf 




On the subject of butt space. my personal butt is much narrower now as I have lost 40+ pounds since what has become the Annual Quatrzsite Lazy Daze FunFest and Pigout. (2012)  Yahoo Lazy Daze Quartzsite Board

2 comments:

  1. I like your shelf storage space. It would be so easy to slide in the shelf under the cushion, and put my printer there. I think I'm going to try it. I'll credit you if I use your idea and blog about it. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip on the shelf. I am looking into doing that as well. That is really great that you have lost 40 lbs! Maybe we need to make the annual Q event more diet conscious although I can't see that happening.

    ReplyDelete