Thursday, April 11, 2013

I Dont Always Wash Dishes, But When I Do..............

I use this dish pan:



Collapsible Dish Pan


Collapsible Dish Pan, Collapsed



I was shopping at Camping World with my friend, Andrea, when she picked up one of these.  They are also available on Amazon

Amazon link to dish pan  Collapsible Dish Pan



For some reason, I had gotten locked in to using the standard hospital wash pan in the small side of the sink for dish washing.  This collapsing model exactly fits the large side (11" X 13 1/2", X 4 1/2" deep) of my double sink, (2002 Lazy Daze Midbath) and, guess what, the dish drainer exactly fits the small side.  I like to use a dishpan for a number of reasons.  First, you can save the dishwater and use it to flush the toilet using the water twice.  If you have much residue from dish washing, it doesn't go down the drain or clog the sink strainer, you can pour it down the toilet.  You also keep from beating up your sink and lastly, it can used outside, or for other washing projects.



Collapsible Dish Pan and Dish Drainer That Fit My Double Sink


Since one good idea sometimes leads to another, I found this collapsible bowl and jar funnel.


This is a great 3 quart bowl that is just right for popcorn.  This bowl and funnel are on the same page at Amazon as the dishpan.

They fold flat for storage also.



 Here is how I store them.  Underside of this swing up cabinet door is a perfect place to store a flattened bowl.

Folded Bowl and Jar Funnel Storage. 


Stay Clean My Friend





3 comments:

  1. What a perfect fit....I will have to get one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Roger! I'm enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tips. 24 months to go and your giving me lots of great info. I love to cook and look forward to following your blog. Kris/Meandering Jaxs

    ReplyDelete