Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Katharine's Tater Tots OR Rogers Ranch Potatoes + Extra Sprouts and Beans?

Katharine's Tater Tots

This is a quick potato dish that my daughter prepares for just about any time.  Makes a great side dish and is fairly low-cal.

Preheat oven or Traeger barbecue to 375-400F
1 10 X 13 disposable aluminum baking pan

4-5 medium potatoes, diced (I don't peel)
2 envelopes onion soup mix
1/4 cup (or maybe a little more) olive oil

Roasting time: about 45-60 minutes


Cut up the potatoes and place in the old standard 10X13 aluminum baking pan.  Pour the olive oil over the top and sprinkle the soup mix.  Toss until well coated.  You can bake this covered or uncovered.  I usually cover with foil for about 20 minutes, remove, toss  and continue uncovered for 20 more minutes or until potatoes are really tender. I don't salt as there is plenty of salt in the soup mix.



This batch was made with 2 envelopes ranch dip mix instead of the onion soup. (it's what I had on hand at the time)  I also wanted to try something different.  Turned out very tasty.  I think these will become "Roger's Ranch Potatoes"




Something To Do With Extra Brussells Sprouts, Green Beans And Parmesan Crumb Mix.



First I steamed sprouts and beans for 10 minutes.  Couple of Tbs olive oil in a roasting pan sprinkled with the crumb/cheese/garlic mix.  Place vegetables in the pan on top of the crumb mix, sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top.  Roasted on the Traeger barbecue (or in your oven) at 375F. 



Here are the results.  You would think I would get tired of these vegetables, but they are soooo good.








No comments:

Post a Comment