Thursday, November 28, 2013

Roger's RV Oven Size Roasted Turkey Dinner Completed!

I wanted to actually try the idea I had for an RV oven size, roasted turkey.  I looked for the "assemble it yourself turkey parts", and found this "boneless turkey" at WalMart.  They were on sale so I thought this should work.  The stuffing was prepared with the one box that you see here plus 2 cans chicken broth and one can of cream of mushroom soup.  I mixed the stuffing all together in the baking pan to minimize dish washing.  The stuffing ingredient variations are endless.


Boneless Turkey In A Bag

 



Stuffing Ingredients

BTW, I did not put in the "one stick" of butter called for in the stuffing mix recipe to keep the fat content down. I had a nice crust on the bottom of the stuffing. The mushroom soup and the extra broth keep it moist. 




 



Ready For The Oven




This came out even better than I thought. Roughly 2 1/2 hours bake time @350F. ALWAYS use a meat thermometer. I sprayed a little olive oil on the roast at the 1/2 point as there is nothing to baste with.




Out of the oven.  Internal temp. 170F

 


 

White AND dark, your choice.



I made a great "turkey" gravy out of these ingredients.  Just mix together and bring to a boil while stirring.  You get about 2 cups.  Just double it if you want more.


Quick Turkey Gravy Ingredients

 

 Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

BTW if you like my blog, please spread the word!
 
 Rogersramblings41.blogspot.com

You can email me: Roger@rogernickey.com





No comments:

Post a Comment